Among other things, the code has speeded up considerably, which will make many visitors happy.
Virtuemart has also received a smaller internal cache function, which speeded up (only) 25% of page loads.
For developers, there have also been many innovations in Virtuemart 3. Among other things, it has Custom fields have been revised to göradet easier and more flexible to build advanced shop with products in many variants such as colors, sizes and other things.
It has also become a much better function to administer the web shop in the front end of the new Virtuemart 3. Which will facilitate the shop operated by several people.
Jquery is now based on jQuery v1.11.0 and jQuery UI - v1.9.2 which will help most modern templates. This hr always been a little headache with Virtuemart earlier that the basic functions have been written for jQuery 1.8 while all mdoerna templates moved on to newer versions of jQuery. v1.11.0 jQuery and jQuery UI - v1.9.2's the default in Joomla 3.3.
Many developers for additions / extensions have already upgraded their components for new Virtuemart 3 so there needs to be worried itne and änringnarna has proved to be not so great for most developers.
Saxat from Virtuemart.net:
Will benefit from a smoother shopping experience:
- Improved page load speeds
- The ability to add products and Their variants to the cart Directly from the category browse view
- Simpler checkout process helping to Reduce cart abandonment
- Predicted shipping costs prior to full AddressEntry
- Cartridge contents for logged in users are stored to allow checkout at a later time
- For multi-lingual stores, we now have a language fallback to the default language for non-translated text
Merchants and Shop Builders
Will see significant improvements, Such as:
- The most advanced VM available to date
- Increased performance backend
- Simplified process for Adding and Implementing Product custom fields
- Enhanced parameters for displaying related products and categories
- Additional parameters for the views in the Joomla menu configuration
- Easily add and configure your own shopperfields Directly useable in the shopping cart
- Increased Ability to Restrict / Manage employee access to key functions using ACL
- Easily Maintain a consistent appearance across multiple views using new Sub-Layouts
- Improved CSS given a starting point for use in responsive designs
Create your market place
- Different modes for multivendor
- Full front-end management
Enhancements from a technical perspective
The team's significant points of focus were: -
- Compatibility with Joomla 3
- Clean architectural structure
- Increased stability
- Increased performance Both to the front and backend
- New internal application caches Reduce the SQL queries for the most used tasks by more than 25%
- Reduced dependency on Joomla where Appropriate.
- Uses Only The JFormFields
- Reduced jQuery conflicts as we now Mainly Implement the Same as Joomla 3.4 (v1.11.0 jQuery, jQuery UI - v1.9.2, legacy complete).
- Core and extensions are now working with a new abstraction layer
- The XML files have been updated to overpriced J2.5 style